James from The Betting Desk has given us a Free Football Tip for a Championship match today. James is really on a run this month with a superb 10.5% ROI, that’s £105 profit from a £10 level stake.
If you are not already subscribed to The Betting Desk, time is running out to take advantage of his first month introduction discount code. Get almost 50% of his monthly subscription cost for life using the coupon code BD15 – Sign up here!
Today’s Football Tip
Championship – Saturday 3pm
Match: Ipswich vs Aston Villa
Bet: Villa -0.25AH
Odds: 1.8 with 188Bet
- Villa had almost double the amount of SOT at goal than Ipswich 11-6
- Villa and Ipswich conceded just 3 SOT, yet Ipswich have played Blackburn and Rotherham who have managed just 8 between them from their 2 games each
- Ipswich have sold their best players over the summer – Waghorn, who contributed more assist and goals than any other championship player last season.
- With Garner and Waghorn sold, Celina moving back to Man City, Connelly back to Everton – Ipswich have lost almost 50% of their goals from last season
- They have replaced these players from L1 and L2 and the step up looks too much for some of them
- Neither of the new ipswich strikers have scored in their two league games and the League Cup goal was an own goal.
- Ipswich conceded 3 of their 4 goals conceded by set pieces, Villa will be excellent with these with McGinn, Grealish and Hourihane excellent and will be flying them into dangerous positions
- Ipswich manager said after the midweek defeat to L2 Exeter than some of his players weren’t trying in the game, yet 6 of the starting line up were players that he has brought in over the summer
- Ipswich have 9 new players this season and majority will start on Saturday, whereas Villa have a settled side.
- Villa xG 1.6 but xGA 1.1 yet Ipswich are xG 0.8 and xGA 1.3
- Villa midfield will probably be Adomah, Hourihane, McGinn, Green whereas Ipswich will like up with Skuse, Nolan, Edwards, Edun, Chalobah. Exclude Skuse from that list and they have made 5 championship starts between them. Nsiala and Docacien will form part of the Ipswich back 4 and have made 3 championship starts between them. Villa will line up with Hutton, Chester, Jedinak and Mohamady. Experience is key at this level
I feel that Villa will be too strong, experienced and excel at set pieces which Ipswich will have an issue defending. Villa beat Ipswich 4-0 at Portman round at the back end of last season and Ipswich have a poorer team and a manager with less experience now.